60-second video explaining the benefits of using Initiafy to provide effective training through Text Auto Reader.
With the low literacy levels revealed in the heavy industry, you may wonder whether new workers have absorbed and understand the information that they have been provided with to stay safe on-site. Can online training featuring the Text Auto Reader be a solution to this problem?
Text Auto Reader has been established by Initiafy, offering the major benefits of:
- Allowing users to listen to text as they are looking at the written text.
- Providing hidden text to give a brief description of any diagrams used.
Reasons why this form of training through Text Auto Reader could have a positive effect on the heavy industry, include:
- The growth of recent immigrants entering the US heavy industry means that many could understand the text by listening but not reading.
- A 2016 survey, shows that 14% of the US working population have low literacy skills, with men making up a bigger percentage.
- The construction industry accounts for over 10% of all these workers.
In 2016 alone, the Bureau of Labor Statistics recorded 200,000 unfilled construction positions. The encouragement of digital technology into the heavy industry is believed to be one of the reasons that these figures will improve.
Young people may be newcomers to the world of work, but it’s their bosses who are immigrants into the digital world (Lee Rainie, Pew Internet & American Life Project).
Apart from Text Auto Reader, some of the other interesting forms of technology becoming more popular this year in the heavy industry include 3D printing, the use of drones and the use of Building Information modeling (BIM). Some of the major benefits recognized include the lessening of time and the amount of money spent during a construction project, often due to the encouragement of young workers to receive training and enter the industry.